Monday, July 26, 2010

megan's first blog (:

I don't even know where to begin. This is my first time being able to get on here and write a blog. First, I want to say that this is the best opportunity that I have ever received in my life. I won't lie, I doubted myself being able to come at first, I thought it would be too hard to get the money or that I would get sick, but out of no where everything fell into place. It was unbelievable, then, time flew by like it was nothing and now we are almost through with our small journey. I am still in awe that I am even here right now, it's like a dream. God answered my prayers, I know he wanted me here, even if I get a little home sick or something comes up I just stop and think "I am changing someones life today, I can over come ANYTHING."
Everything here is amazing, I could probably type for days, and I more than likely will when I get home and make a thousands Tumblr Blogs. BUT, just to give you all a few details, God is moving so much here. People are being touched every day. I am stepping out of my shell so much. I am too happy to be here. I am realizing, that speaking is my thing, it's what I'm good at.
I went to a home for children who have AIDS, and it was so heart warming, I didn't think even once that they were any different than kids without AIDS. It made me see a lot and what I might want to do for a living, helping and caring for people.
We stayed in this beautiful home, on a farm. My goodness, I could probably just stay there for the rest of my life. The owners, were too kind to us and completely opened their hearts and arms for us and treated us like family. Yesterday was our last night staying there and we rocked it with the concert in the park we did. A whole group of young girls accepted Christ that night.
Today, we met the mayor. What a privilege, seriously. How awesome is God? I mean I am so blown away by everything. I am just falling more and more in love with Jesus Christ, which is great. I have only been with metro for less than a year and I am so pleased with this new life of mine that is giving me opportunities like this. I have been reading my bible more, praying more, this trip has really put me into place. Whoever reads this, Thank You. All of you have helped me through this and before this trip and before I even realized I wanted Christ to be this big part of my life. Obviously he knew this is where I was supposed to be, but you all helped so much! I miss you all!
sincerely, Megan Johnson!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Team,

    WOW Meagan, I could feel every moment of ALL that!!! GOD surely is present in every moment of every day. Keep up the GREAT work. To all you guys, enjoy your last few days there, and know that we're all back here praying BIG TIME every day. Love that pic in front of the mansion. God Bless you ALL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my heart is overwhelmed!

    you are such a blessing!!loveyou huney!

    ReplyDelete